We offer you the ideal AC motor for any requirement: 2, 4 and 6-pole motors, with powers of 0.18 kW to 225 kW and in the efficiency classes IE1 to IE4. Give us and our DR.. series motors a try!
IE1 to IE4 motors: efficient, powerful and usable worldwide
With the DR.. modular motor system, we implement millions of drive combinations and move different systems and machines, worldwide.
It is easy to find the ideal energy-efficient motor for your application at SEW-EURODRIVE. The DR.. series has a suitable design in its range for the globally applicable efficiency classes IE1 to IE4: DRS.. for IE1, DRE.. for IE2, DRN.. for IE3 and DRU.. for IE4. Select the power and frequency within this motor design and you have already taken care of the most important selection criteria.
All other motor options are of course available independently of the efficiency class. A comprehensive braking concept and cost-optimised built-in encoders ultimately complement the motor range.
The motors of the DR.. series comply with the most important standards worldwide and the various requirements of the local energy efficiency regulations.
Motors of the DT56 and DR63 series complement the modular motor system in the range from 90 to 370 W.
Save time and optimise your motor selection, ordering and logistics processes. As a Global Player, we offer this range of products in 51 countries around the world.
Only half the solution without a gear unit? Then use our sophisticated modular system and combine an AC motor of the DR.. series with a helical, parallel shaft, worm, bevel or SPIROPLAN® gear unit of your choice. All of these gear unit types are already available off-the-shelf, combined with DR.. motors as gearmotors.
Of course, we also supply the right inverter technology for the controller and control. We develop and produce the drive electronics ourselves so that they are perfectly tailored to our motors and gearmotors, and to your application.
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
- Direct order request or ordering
Benefit from energy efficiencyas the DR.. series offers an appropriate design for each efficiency class and can therefore be used anywhere in the world.
Extend flexibilityas the DR.. modular motor system makes millions of drive combinations possible for you - individually tailored to your requirements.
Simpler to select the right motorbecause our range of motors comprises 30 performance levels, which means there is a suitable motor for practically every application.
The DR.. series offers the right motor for efficiency classes IE1, IE2, IE3 and IE4 in accordance with IEC 60034-30-1. The IE marking and efficiency as well as details on the available country approvals can be found on the nameplate.
Besides the products from the energy efficiency system, our effiDRIVE® energy-saving solutions also provide expert energy advice and a modular and customisable service. Find out more!
- Type DRS.. = IE1
- 2, 4 and 6-pole
- Power ratings of 0.18 kW to 225 kW
- Type DRE.. = IE2
- 2, 4 and 6-pole
- Power ratings of 0.25 kW to 225 kW
- Type DRN.. = IE3
- 2, 4 and 6-pole
- Power ratings of 0.75 kW to 225 kW
- Type DRU...J = IE4
- Power ratings of 0.18 kW to 3 kW
Regardless of the required efficiency class, all motor options and designs are equally available for all AC motors.
Driving the world
The world is our AC motors’ field of application. A motor design is available for each efficiency class. And, in turn, each motor type can be connected to the different energy grids around the world.
- Comprehensive braking concept and combinations i.e. up to three different brake sizes per motor size featured in the range
- Cost-optimised built-in encoders integrated into the motor
- Significant time savings thanks to optimised processes in motor selection, order processing, and logistics
- Motors for efficiency classes IE1 to IE4
- Compact design saves space and costs
- Future-proof, also as regards environmental protection (standards)
- Reduction in operating costs when using energy-efficient motors; our energy-efficient motors conform to the efficiency classes
- Standard Efficiency (IE1)
- High Efficiency (IE2)
- Premium Efficiency (IE3)
- Super Premium Efficiency (IE4)
- The “global motor” combines many energy efficiency regulations and laws in one design: the DR.. series
- DR.. motors support global standards and norms
Excerpt from the technical description
|Frequency 50 Hz||Frequency 60 Hz|
|230/400 V or
|IE2 global motor
|220 – 242 / 380 – 420 or
380 – 420 / 660 – 725
|254 – 277 / 440 – 480 or
440 – 480 / --
|IE3 global motor
|220 – 230 / 380 – 400 or
380 – 400 / 660 – 690
|IE grade||Number of poles||Motor type||at frequency of 50 Hz||at frequencies of 60 Hz and 50/60 Hz|
|Without IE classification||2-pole||DR63..||0.18 – 0.37||0.18 – 0.37 (60 Hz)||0.25 – 0.5|
|4-pole||DT56.. / DR63..||0.09 – 0.25||0.09 – 0.25 (60 Hz)||0.1 – 0.34|
|6-pole||DR63..||0.09 – 0.18||0.09 – 0.18 (60 Hz)||0.1 – 0.25|
|IE1||2-pole||DRS..||0.37 – 9.2||0.37 – 9.2||--|
|4-pole||0.18 – 200||0.37 – 225||0.5 – 300|
|6-pole||0.25 – 7.5||0.25 – 7.5||0.34 – 10|
|IE2||2-pole||DRE..||0.75 – 9.2||0.75 – 9.2||1 – 10|
|4-pole||0.37 – 200||0.37 – 225||0.5 – 300|
|6-pole||0.25 – 5.5||0.75 – 5.5||1 – 7.5|
|IE3||2-pole||DRN..||0.75 – 7.5||0.75 – 7.5||1 – 10|
|4-pole||DRN..||0.75 – 200||0.75 – 225||1 – 300|
|6-pole||DRN..||0.75 – 7.5||0.75 – 7.5||1 – 10|
|IE4||4-pole||DRU...J||0.18 – 3||--||--|
|Energy efficiency specifications
on the nameplate
|Additional information on the nameplate||
Areas of application
- Applications that require a mechanical fail-safe brake
- Logistics conveyor belts of all sizes
- Lifting applications
- Applications that require control accuracy
- Positioning tasks with integrated or mounted encoders
- Can be used worldwide in all industries