Within the system engineering sector, automation is playing an increasingly important role and is key to the achievement of greater productivity. Our modular MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio software provides exactly the tools you need to consistently support this drive towards automation.
Flawless planning and automation with MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio
In order to stay competitive, system manufacturers and operators need to focus on increasing automation. Manufacturing processes are characterised by increasing throughputs, higher product quality, and lower operating costs. The only way to achieve this is by using suitable modern systems and machines. Our all-in-one, integrated drive technology will help ensure the reliability, efficiency, and increased productivity of your manufacturing processes in the years to come, thereby helping you to consolidate your market position.
Our MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio engineering software is an important key to your success. It provides you with all the tools you need for optimal support right from the start, and ensures the seamless operation of your system. Whether used individually or in combination, these tools are essential for quick and effective automation.
You will also benefit from the fact that MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio is unit-independent. The software scans the units and then automatically detects all stations connected to the configured interfaces and displays them as nodes in a unit tree. You can use the context menu for each node to easily select and start the tools you need. Using just one modular software system, you can configure, program, and diagnose the majority of our inverters.
Communication channels can also be selected freely. Thanks to our communication server, MOVITOOLS® MotionStudio allows you to configure different communication media and up to four simultaneous communication channels. The server also allows the centralised maintenance of data and use of modern remote maintenance technology.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts understand your industry and requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and the tools to provide optimum advice and support.
Integrated automationA complete engineering solution in one software package: Startup, control, diagnostics, communication, and visualisation
Seamless operationReady-to-use application modules for various applications to help you configure and get your system up and running with minimum effort
Free selection of unitsThanks to the compatibility of most of our inverters, which allow you to configure, program, and diagnose any unit of your choice
Transparent managementThe project management function allows you to organise and monitor all units based on their function within the system.
A complete, user-friendly solution that is unit-independent – features at a glance
- Development of application programs in standard C language, using the Assembler software, or based on IEC 61131-3
- Fieldbus communication diagnostics via bus monitor
- Smooth startup and configuration
- Drive diagnostics using the built-in oscilloscope function
- One modular software system providing a complete engineering solution: Startup, control, diagnostics, communication, and visualisation
- Ability to view the status of all connected units
- For configuring, programming, and diagnosing most SEW-EURODRIVE inverter series – unit-independent
- Control of technology functions
- Ready-to-use modules for various applications
- Use of SEW‑EURODRIVE's electronic gearmotor nameplates for automatic adjustment to motor
Tools and functionality
- Configuration and startup: For adapting the inverter to the connected motor and optimising current, speed, and position controllers.
- Manual mode: Units can be controlled manually, directly from the PC
- Parameter tree: Standardised editor for configuring parameters for various unit types.
- PDO editor: A process data object editor for graphic configuration of process data for the MOVIAXIS® multi-axis servo amplifier
- Gateway configurator: Standardised tool for diagnostics and configuration of the UFx41B and DFx fieldbus gateways, with MOVIFIT® Classic and Technology function levels
Diagnostics and visualisation
- Status: Support for unit diagnostics, communicates general unit status information, manual unit reset possible
- Application Builder: Editor for designing application-specific visualisation and application-specific diagnostics. Visualisation linked to IPOS inverter program and parameter settings via data download
- Fieldbus monitor: Communication diagnostics performed on exchanges between the fieldbus and the unit (monitor mode), with setpoint selection on the unit, independently of the controller (control mode)
- Scope: Diagnostics via an oscilloscope program for all our inverters